Monday, November 5, 2007

The Bottle Cozy

My boyfriend, like a large part of the population, LOVES beer. So, when I decided to knit something for him I wanted to make him something that I knew he would appreciate. (We've all heard the myths of knitting for your significant other!) I found the King's Cozy pattern and knit it up in no time using some cheap Red Heart Super Saver yarn. I didn't want to use fancy yarn, so he would and could actually use it without damaging it. This pattern was a hit and at this point I think I have made 10 of these cozies in different colors and heights. (This was the first one I made!)
I decided that I should design my own at this point, so that I can sell them and in order to make it a more individual gift. So far I have designed two:
the Kori

and the Nels
These were also a BIG hit...great gifts. (Mine are on Etsy.com, if you'd rather buy them already knit.) Now I have to design some new ones, so no one feels left out!

1 comment:

karrie said...

Hooray Beer Cozies! I am a fan of the Niels - nice work!