Wednesday, November 7, 2007

San Diego Scarf

Today I finished the scarf for my cousin, it kept getting longer and longer.
Materials:
Size 10 knitting needles
Mystery worsted weight yarn, 1 skien (provided by a free pile in the laundry room of my boyfriend's old apartment building.)

CO 20 sts
Row 1: p4, k4, p4, k4,p4
Row 2: k4, p4, k4, p4, k4 (or knit the knits and purl the purls)
Row 3 and 5: The same as Row 1
Row 4: Repeat Row 2

Row 6: k4, p4, k4, p4, k4
Row 7: p4, k4, p4, k4, p4
Row 8 and 10: Same as Row 6
Row 9: Same as Row 7
Continue in this pattern until desired length then BO in pattern and sew in end of yarn. The scarf pictured is 75 inches long.

I made a Basketweave Scarf for another friend, using Lily Sugar' n Cream in Black. It turned out beautifully, but was a headache to knit. (I used cotton, so that a 14 year old could easily care for it herself.) This pattern was quicker to knit and I like the organic feel this otherwise dull yarn takes on in this pattern.

No comments: